Thursday, July 5, 2012

Day 27. Aviation Week.

01 JULY 2012
1302

It seems like the last week after CORTRAMID ended has just flown by. I wanted to finish my blog, but I went to Disneyland and being home has been just as busy. I'm currently riding in the car right now on the way to my Grandma's, so I thought I'd take this opportunity to blog.

On Wednesday of Aviation week, we flew T-34's! They were AWESOME. a group of about 10-12 of us left Donnelly to go straight to north Island for our flights. However, everyone else was sent to random other places sucks as the Helo rides, squadron tours, etc.

My group sat in this little waiting room on our flights, they too groups of 3 at a time to grab their gear and head to their planes. One by one they came back, smiles ear to ear. It seemed like forever before my turn. Colleen and Sam were a couple of the first ones to fly and loved it, so I was getting antsy for mine!

In the weeks before, we heard horror stories of people getting super sick. Thankfully, Colleen, Sam, myself, actually everyone in our group was in the clear. It was honestly like a roller coaster, except 29848383 times cooler!

It was finally my turn (I was the LAST ONE in my group to go). My pilot was AWESOME! We took off and of corse I'm like a 5 year old in a candy shop admiring all the controls and buttons and looking out my window at the gorgeous views. All of a sudden I hear in my ear phones, "you've got control!" I didn't think he'd actually let me fly the plane, but sure enough I took control and tilted the plane left and kept the nose up so we did like a led corkscrew up. It was totally wicked! Once we leveled off at 8,000 ft. the pilot asked of I wanted to do some aerobatics. And of course I did! Faster than I could blink we were in a series of barrel rolls, s-curves, back flips, and a whole bunch of crazy nonsense.

I've never felt a more exhilarating feeling than looking upside down at the ocean and feeling like it was gonna fall down on me. I LOVED every minute of the T-34 flight. And was so sad when it was over.

After my flight, I dropped of my gear and headed back to Donnelly. It was a gorgeous day (thankfully, I'd it wasn't we wouldn't have gotten to do aerobatics) so I went to the beach. Coronado of course :)

It was funny because we always wanted to go out and eat out and spending money seemed like no big the first two weeks. But now we times everything around getting back to the galley for free dinner.




The T-34 we flew in.



Austin and I waiting for our flights.



All suited up!



Stephanie.



This was actually on our bus ride home, but same day.



Me! Ready to go.



No comments:

Post a Comment