Thursday, July 5, 2012

Day 30. Farewell Day.

05 July 2012
1722

To all my CORTRAMID friends who just discovered my blog thanks to having the link posted on our Facebook page, hi :)

I realized I didn't finish the last day, soooooo I'm doing that now :)

A lot of the MIDN's had ridiculous shuttle to the airport times, starting at 3am! I felt bad for my friends who had to leave that early and it was hard to say goodbye too. I spent Friday evening with some of my favorite friends that I had made and probably won't get to see again for a long time. We went to the liberty center, played pool, ping pong, and watched a movie. Even though I was having fun, it was bittersweet because I knew it was the end.

The next morning I said goodbye to my favorite and best roommate ever Colleen. I was so sad to see her go. I tried to sleep in a little later after she left at 7, but just tossed and turned so I got up to finish my packing. Fortunately, I got to say goodbye to some of my best friends before they headed home for the summer. We'll all be back in SD in about 6 weeks to help out with our unit's freshmen orientation, but I'll still miss them over summer.

Thankfully, Stroms needed a ride to the train station so he joined me as we departed Donelly hall. It was great to be in his company, but after I dropped him off, it was instant loneliness. I realized that that was the first time I was riding in the car all by myself for the first time in 4 weeks. Since we go with battle buddies everywhere, it was always me and a friend.

My mom didn't fly into the airport until 1630, and it was barely 1100, so I went to Coronado and plopped myself down on the beach. I was in the 'usual' spot, but no one was there to accompany me. It was ok though. I was happy to hear that all my friends had made it home safely and trust me, my newsfeed was taken over by "I MISS SAN DIEGO" and "get me back to Cortramid!" and "I miss SD weather" so I knew my friends wanted to be back in SD as much as I wanted them there too.


No comments:

Post a Comment