Sunday, July 1, 2012

Day 28. Aviation Week.

01 JULY 2012
1316

Figured I might as well just finish out my CORTRAMID experience :)

So day 28 was also known as... MY BIRTHDAY! And let me tell you, it was absolutely perfect. A lot of my friends thought it was too simple and I should have done something crazy like sky dive or spear fish (actually, that was just Bryan) but I love my day just like it was.

That morning we toured the USS Carl Vinson. It's an aircraft carrier. It was HUGE! It was in port getting all fixed up for the upcoming deployment. We were greeted by the Captain and XO, before being split into 4 groups to see the ship. My favorite part was standing on the flight deck because it's breath taking. It's 4.5 acres! Unfortunately there were no aircraft on it at the time, but still I could totally imagine it full of jets and helo's and what a beautiful sight it would be.

Fortunately, a tour of the carrier was the only thing we had planned, so we had the entire rest of the day free! Such great planning on the Navy's part for my birthday :)

We got back to Donnelly and got our stuff together for the beach. Sadly, liberty didn't start until 1300, so we passed some time watching the guys play volleyball outside. It was a beautiful day and we all couldn't wait to get to Coronado.

I was such a happy birthday girl because all my favorite friends from CORTRAMID spent the day with me. This included: my favorite boys Jake, Rayne, Scott and then Matt, Eric, Ashley, Colleen, Bryan, Chris, Zack, JJ, Cleveland and so many more that we ran into :) We laid on the beach in the sunshine, us girls read magazines while the boys went in the water (unsuccessful at trying to throw me in of course) we played football and the old game of monkey in the middle. I couldn't have been happier :) once we all started to get tired of the sun (correction: when some of the guys were tired of the sun, I never am) we got ice cream at Moo Time! I got watermelon and mango sorbet. MMM!
After we walked to Panera bread because we were hungry for dinner. Yes, we got dessert before dinner. Awesome, I know!

Overall, I couldn't have asked for a better birthday. Every year I don't think it's possible to top that birthday, but I always do. I'm so thankful for the friends that made my day special.










No comments:

Post a Comment