Saturday, June 2, 2012

Day 8.

02 JUNE 2012
1954

After returning from Camp Pendleton, Colleen and I both took an hour long shower. I've never felt so clean in my life AND I LOVE IT. We did laundry and ran to the NEX to make us a hot pocket. At 1445 we had to muster to go over events for the upcoming Surface week, so we couldn't really leave to go to the beach or anything that day like we wanted to. 

They split the 2 companies up into 4 large groups to go on the 4 different ships. We found out we'll be on the USS Stockdale next week. We'll be underway (meaning: out to sea) for 5 days, Monday-Friday. I'll keep you updated throughout the week!

Colleen, Sam and I wanted to go get pedicures to fix our sad feet, but we were totally bummed when we found out liberty didn't start until 1700. It was 1600 at the time and we had dinner plans at 1730, so 30 minutes wasn't going to be long enough for 3 pedicures. At 1730, we met up with a group, there were 10 of us in total, and headed to Old Town for some good Mexican food! We ate at Cafe Coyote due to my recommendation and thankfully, everyone liked it! We even pretended it was one of the guys birthday (he had no idea!) and the mariachi band sang to him and brought him a candle lit flan dessert. We had a wonderful time.



I somewhat find this picture kind of awkward, but it's the group at Cafe Coyote!

On our way back to base, we stopped in the Gas Lamp to walk around.  We stopped in the Starbucks for a restroom break and I bought myself a hot chocolate. As if I wasn't already having a great night, but Ryan, Scott, and Storch, 3 guys from my unit magically appeared outside the window and it was great to see them. I've really enjoyed spending time with all my new friends, but I miss MY guy friends. 

...even if they do always make fun of me.


No comments:

Post a Comment